Friday, March 19, 2010

boomtime.

Did you know today is Mojoday? Yeah. It is. At least to all the followers of the Discordian calendar out there. Anyone?

Me neither. But check this out: Sweetmorn, Boomtime, Pungenday, Prickle-Prickle, and Setting Orange -- THOSE ARE THE NAMES OF THE DAYS OF THE WEEK IF YOU'RE DISCORDIAN! Although, for me, it's Boomtime every day. Prickle-Prickle.

Anyway, I bring this not up to confuse anyone and certainly not to celebrate Dr. Van Van Mojo, for whom Mojoday, of course, is named. Nope. I bring this up simply to underline the point that we all see things differently.

I've had a lot of complaints lately that I'm not the same hater I used to be. Am I not? Perhaps you're thinking it's simply Friday. Other people see it as Mojoday. And me? I see it as Boomtime. (Because that's every day for me, remember? I said it, like, two sentences ago or something. Duh.)

But I guess what I'm getting at is that blogs have a cycle just like everything else. Moons, seasons, beans. (The bean cycle is tremendous, by the way.) And so, I suppose, so does The Anti DC. While you're in waiting for old-school Hatorade, I'm providing you with a refreshing glass of chlorinated DC tap water over ice made from toilet water.

Why won't you drink it?! IT'S DELICIOUS!

So, on this Mojoday -- this Boomtime, as it were -- I invite you to raise a glass with me and toast to getting on the same cycle. You know, like when a group of women live together and their menstrual cycles are start lining up...er...

Actually, nevermind. Keep on sending me your complaints and let's just continue to agree to disagree about my current level of hatery. In the meantime, I hope we can at least agree to agree on the awesomeness that is teaching an alpaca how to surf.



Have a freshly dipped weekend!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Okay seriously...who takes an alpaca surfing!!?!?!