Thursday, April 29, 2010

click on through to the other side

Luckily for all other area bloggers whose e-prose can't compare to mine in terms of making up words and barely making sense, I won't be stealing their page views with The Anti DC's unstoppable Internet prowess today (read: 'tardy nerdiness). That's right, you guys are safely out of the danger zone!



Oh, but who am I kidding? I get seven page views and suddenly I cop a 'tude. How embarrassing. And also, I should probably note that almost all other area bloggers have fulltime jobs. And I don't. Because I was fired. So, really, the fact that The Anti DC is what it is (that is, an amalgamation of made-up words and illogical phrases) is also embarrassing. As is, I suppose, bragging about my prose skills while using the phrase, "is what it is." Jesus. I am my own danger zone.

But, unlike every other day, I have a good excuse to be publishing non-sensical sludge today. Yep, I don't have to try to write anything more legitimate than a shmurpler (<--- made-up word!) over here because someone else published some of my legitimate prose over on The Smart Set! I won't tell you what this so-called "legitimate prose" is about exactly, but I will tell you I got to use the phrase, "Whoever the F*ckingdweedle." (And yes, the mark of prose legitimacy for me is using the word "F*ckingdweedle" instead of "shmurpler.")

But seriously, go to there ---> CLICK!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats on being published. That's awesome that they even let you use all your palabras inventadas! I say it in spanish because I invent words daily but not usually on purpose. I mean, heck! They still understand me so what's the big deal?

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew said...

Long time reader (lurker?) first time commenter. Awesome article in The Smart Set, congratulations!

Marissa said...

sara--

Thanks! Yeah, I know the editor pretty well... And I think they're starting up a travel section. Did I mention they pay money? Let me know if you're interested in writing for them and I'll send you the editor's contact info and put in a good word.

dr. bunsen honeydew--

With a name like that, I hope to see you around more often. I am honored, Doc.