Friday, July 25, 2008

shambles p.i. -- the vehicular edition

It's like Shambles P.I. mania this week! Yowza! However, while Shambles P.I. usually targets people, in today's installment -- the vehicular edition -- Shambles will be turning its keen laser eyes toward one of DC's hottest whips found on 14th Street somewhere between U Street and Columbia Heights. Check it:

Ridin' dirty shambley.

Now, maybe someone who knows more about motor vehicles than I do can help me out here. Is it just me or are the wheels on this Ford Taurus (or is that a Chevy Impala?) a tad too small? You can't see it, but on the driver's side back window thre's a sticker that says "DUB," in an ode to the eponymous magazine dedicated to dubs, rims and what I generally like to call hubcaps. Now, if you're going to put the proverbial wrong-sized shoe on your horse-powered foot, may I suggest you go for an all-out clown shoe? Kind of like what Ted Musson and his 1988 Chevy Caprice are doing here:

He won the Grand Prize Game!

Now those are some nice hubcaps, not to mention the Alien-like crazy engine spewing forth from the Caprice's chest cavity. Ah, the wonders of the world...

I'm going to do this to my bike. It will be righteous to roll on 22's 66's.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That '88 Caprice is tight, but if he drove in DC he's be riding on 4 spare-tire donuts b/c of DC's Smart car-eating potholes.

I used to live in SE - every single car w/big rims (and there were a lot of them) had @least 1 donut on them.

I-66 said...

Not visible: The stepladder kept in the trunk to help the driver actually get into the car.

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

interesting - it is illegal to have your car jacked up actually - maybe his hydraulics broke.......thats funny