Friday, November 21, 2008

the mechanics

I must admit I had a fairly tumultuous week filled with professional stress, personal disorganization and, to uphold the eloquence factor in this e-meadow where words grow and eventually die, a whole bunch of other stupid sh*t. Life is hard.

So it's a good thing e-life isn’t! Nope! E-life is filled with magical links and Web pages that can flip this emoticon -- :( -- one-hundred-and-eighty degrees into this emoticon -- :). Ain’t e-life grand?

Indeed, it is. So grand is e-life, in fact, that it brought several smiley emoticons to my screen this week, well, save for the debacle about which I wrote yesterday. (To update, for those of you, like myself, who are bored enough to keep following the e-drama, Foilwoman responded to the comments on DCBlogs by noting her willful ignorance to recognize the differences between the definitions of "edit" and "editorialize." To her I say there is also a difference between the words "retarded" and "retardant," despite that they have the same root word. And only one describes her misguided vocabulary.) But let's not dwell on any head-shaking moments of "I'm-embarrassed-for-you" past...for once. Instead, let's review all the fun retardulous fun and retardulous stuff on the Web! And since everything's sexier in foreign languages, let's do this up no português!

Uns! Remember the GenderAnalyzer that determined this blog is only 72 percent female? Well, via Andrew Sullivan, I found a link that will now analyze what type I am, er, this blog is. It's the Typealyzer, and, according to its analysis, The Anti DC is "The Mechanics":
The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment; are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.
The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seeking fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.
Well, this might be right on, since I've let it be known I do enjoy a bit of bike-dancing now and again.

Dois! Speaking of bicycling, via Freewheeling Spirit, I found this video, which outlines just how hard it is in DC to find a bike lane to bike-dance in. But apparently, it's getting better? Tell that to the taxi cab perpetually double-parked in the truncated bike lane on Columbia Road...

Três! Have you ever yearned to find a Web site that posted daily pics of long-forgotten Swedish pop bands? Me neither! But since my friend Peter introduced me to k-i-l-l-bill's livejournal page, I just can't get enough. Thur Erics! The Thorleifs! Tre Bla & en Gul! Oh my! And all of them have such silky-looking hair...

Quatro! And while I wasn't too busy peeping the coifs of 1970s Swedish musicians, I learned something about our own. Did you know that Prince, or the Artist Formally Known As, or whoever, wears sandals and socks?! WTF!? The Kid from Purple Rain would never have done that...

Cinco! Finally, during all of my other spare time, I turned to Clusterfck to watch Bruce Lee play ping-pong with nunchuks! Whoa...

By the way, the photo above is a piece called "45º 46' 48. 94" N 8º 02' 26. 11" W" by Carlo Ferraris. He likes apples.

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

I'm only 63% woman, and I'm A Performer.

Well, DUH.