Wednesday, January 9, 2008

can you smell that? it's good sh*t.

I'll be damned if the government's not pumping nitrous oxide into the air today because good sh*t is happening to DC. Well, it's not exactly happening now, per se, but good sh*t will happen to DC, at least according to Pitchfork, which informed me today that one of my favorite bands will soon be here.

Radiohead is coming. Here! To DC! (This is big news because, apparently, according to a co-worker, they skipped the District on their last U.S. jaunt in 2006. Ouch!)

Anyway, I was able to catch a Radiohead show in 2006 as well as in 2001 (In your face DC!), so I guess this isn't as big of news for me (who's only worked here since May) as it is for the poor souls who've been soldiering on much longer than that.

Regardless, I know I'll be there. But when? Um, that's more unclear. According to Pitchfork, Radiohead will travel to the United States twice -- once this spring and once this summer -- to buttress a June-July European tour.

So, although we don't know when, where, or who will open, we do know that Radiohead will not forget about us. Not this year, at least.

And as a PS if you haven't already seen/listened to this: Radiohead released a bizarre little movie of their live New Year's Eve webcast. And by "little," I mean 52+ minutes. But if you like Radiohead at all, you'll love this (if not just for the live performance of the entirety of In Rainbows). OK, I'm done being giddy now. Enjoy!

No comments: